Thursday, December 05, 2013

Single Status Affidavit California Apostille

If your planning to get married in another country who is a member of the Hague Apostille Convention, you maybe asked to provide an Apostille on a single status affidavit.

Some countries may also refer to this document as:
  • Single Status Affidavit
  • Certificate of Freedom to Marry
  • Certificate of No Impediment for Marriage
  • Certificate of No Record – Marriage
Many foreign countries require a document for proof of No Record of Marriage before you are allowed to get married in their country. If you currently reside or have recently resided in California and need proof of No Record of Marriage for a foreign country, you need to make a request at the local County Clerk’s office.

There are 58 counties in California who can help you obtain this letter. If your County Clerk is unable to assist you, please contact us.  In certain conditions, you can write an affidavit yourself, have it notarized, and mail the document to our office for the Apostille.

Check with the proper authorities (Foreign Country) regarding what type of documentation will be required from you. Please be sure to clearly specify to the County Clerk that you need a verification of no Record of Marriage Letter.  Also, many countries ask for your an Apostille on your Birth Certificate and Divorce Decree by the California Superior Court (If you were previously married) in addition to the No Record of Marriage.

Be sure you obtain a list of all documents requested by the foreign country in order to avoid any delays.  If you have already left the country, don't worry.  We can still help you but you'll need immediate family to help or an attorney.  Call us at 1-310-876-8489 or 1-888-810-4054 for assistants or visit this link to contact us:

More Links: