Monday, October 04, 2010

WalkScore - Why It Helps You Choose the Right Home

72 is the walkscore out of 100 for my home here in Sherman Oaks, CA.  On average, I would have to walk a few blocks to get to the local supermarket, gas station, pizza store, etc...

To test the walkability of a few addresses near my home, I discovered homes which are located closer to supermarkets, gas stations, and coffee houses fared a higher score than those further away from me.  The closer home to the supermarket received a WalkScore of 78. 

WalkScore estimates that a score of 70-89 is considered very walkable.  What exactly this means is probably you can walk to the local supermarket or any store catoring to the general public within a few blocks or less.

What is WalkScore? Walk Score is a number between 0 and 100 that measures the walkability of any address.

You can see what your WalkScore is by visiting this site: http://www.walkscore.com . By the way, all the available properties for sale on my San Fernando Valley real estate site has a WalkScore automatically inserted. 

More Links: